Yes, safaris are in and of themselves wonderful. Yet there are ways we can enhance your experience by making it more personal and more insightful.
- Private safari villa with your own ranger, tracker, game-viewing vehicle, butler, and chef for a completely flexible safari.
- Face time with mountain gorillas – only 700 remaining in the world – in Rwanda.
- Immersive multi-day elephant experience at a camp for rescued orphaned elephants in Kenya. These elephants are gradually being reintroduced into the wild and becoming integrated with wild elephants.
- Spend time with the wild chimpanzees along Lake Tanganyika in Tanzania, made famous by Jane Goodall and her discoveries that changed the way we understand primates and their “human” qualities.
- View game from a hot air balloon in the Maasai Mara in Kenya.
- Safari on horseback in Botswana, Kenya, or Tanzania.
- Up-close-and-personal safari on foot – yes, on foot – in Zambia.
- Spend a highly-enlightening day with an anti-poaching canine unit on a training mission including scouts, guides, trackers, and dogs.
- Private boat on the Chobe River at sunset with cocktails and canapés while watching massive herds of elephants drink, bathe, and play in the river.
- Spend time with wild meerkats, who, if you are patient, will come within inches of you.
- Join a rhino research and protection team on a tag-and-release mission.
- With one of the leading experts in the field, visit the unique plant kingdom – there are only seven in the world – that can be found only in the Western Cape of South Africa.
- Bird watching with an expert ornithologist. For serious birdwatchers.
- Witness huge – and highly endangered – leatherback and loggerhead turtles lay up to 100 eggs in the sandy coast of the Indian Ocean off South Africa (November through February). Green turtles (chelonian mydas, but only their mothers call them that) do the same off the coast of Kenya (January through May).
- And then there are the lemurs of Madagascar.
And if this isn’t enough, there’s lots of Safari-Plus in Adventure + Adrenaline.